I am a data scientist with more than nine years of experience and training in social scientific research methods, statistics, and applied machine learning. I am a data scientist at zulily and also consult in football analytics.
I am methodologically diverse and enjoy expanding my statistical and machine learning toolkits. I have work examples ranging from topic modeling and text mining, semi-supervised sentiment analysis, multilevel/hierarchical regression, to random forests classification. Additionally, I am eager to advance the state of analytics in sports, particularly in the NFL. I'm also working on a project that combines text analysis with sports analytics. More detailed information can be found at each link.
For a complete list of my experience and skills, please see my resume or academic CV (PDFs). I have taught or been a teaching assistant in statistics and research methods at the undergraduate and graduate levels and hold the certificate in social statistics from the Center for Statistics and Social Sciences at the University of Washington. Relevant coursework and training I have completed includes:
- Statistics focusing on regression, classification
- Multivariate methods (clustering, principal components, factor analysis)
- Survey research and design
- Multilevel/hierarchical regression models
- Event history (survival) analysis
- Text mining and topic modeling
- Time series analysis and forecasting
- Data visualization
- Game theory
- Organizational and institutional analysis
- Agent-based models